Friday 26 August 2011

my special cabinet

.... so you've seen how the entrance looks... and you've seen how it looks as soon as I open the door for you...
Now I'm showing you my priced possession!! *smiles*
My hubby (and I)... love music.... He loves to collect CDs... only problem is.. I never had a good storage space.. Yes!! the modern CD racks... don't turn me on.. *grins*... I'd stop hubby from buying CDs... If he went to the counter with 10... I'd coax him into buying one... *smiles* .. He is nice like that..!! on the rare occassions..!! *smiles*
And when I saw this gorgeous piece... at Pinkys... I simply had to bring it home... *sigh*
The Pinky's dude even put a few extra shelves for me... which helped me convert this into a CD rack... I got it home.. without even thinking of where to place it... Then one weekend.. we shuffled... re-arranged... re-organised.... literally moved everything around... to make a home for this.. It someone didn't fit in the main living room.... *sigh*
So now.. I have it.. right at the entrance of the house... Yes!! As soon as you walk in... People often wonder why I have such a gorgeous shoe rack... but I don't keep shoes at the entrance of my home.. I simply cant do that!!
So do you like my new favourite ??? What if there were peacocks on it.. instead of horses.. *sigh*.. Now I'm asking for too much... *smiles*
I'm linking in to these fabulous blog parties!!

20 comments:

  1. This is so charming Patty! Love the cabinet. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is beautiful Patty! The horses look good and the colour is just perfect. If you want peacocks , maybe you can paint them on the wall behind the cabinet :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an absolutely gorgeous cabinet Patty, I love it, love it:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow...pretty piece you've got there,that carving...wow

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks amazing, beautiful colors!

    Have a nice weekend, kisses:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beauty...
    absolutely gorgeous patty
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. its such a cute CD rack...very traditional and colourful. It'll surely cheer anyone as soon as you open the door and welcome them in. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely gorgeous, Patty. I love re-purposing. When you get the peacocks, buy that and put them back to back as a room divider perhaps? This one is very pretty.
    My3

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely Gorgeous Patty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very ethnic... Are those floral designs etched into the wood or painted ? You sure have an eye for the good things around !

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's a gorgeous one Patty, giving a warm welcome into the house.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Patty, cabinet is stunning and it looks beautiful with horses too..;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are lucky to have goit this piece,,it is mind blowing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow.. stunning,Absolutely L.O.V.E it !!! Pardon my ignorance, but where is Pinky's?? My decor is contemporary but nowadays when I see your blog I'm starting to have a crush on all things with a lil bit of masala and curry in it..(i mean Indian)

    xoxo.B.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! Love your blog, although first time commenting. That's a beautiful entrace. I love the cd thingy although I feel it's so pretty that you should take away all those little thingys on top so that it doesn't compete with the main attraction. maybe just the plant on top? Love your find! Oh, and you have one beauuutiful home!


    Cheers,

    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  16. :)Nice cabinet.. wanted to know why you don;t want a shoe cabinet in the entryway?Just my curiosity,as its handy to have it there(the house is cleaner!)

    Sravi

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your new cabinet is very pretty! It looks perfect in your entry and what a good idea to store cd's in it. Thanks for linking it to Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great find. It is beautiful.

    You seem to be a peacock fan :) I tried to fit in peacocks and it surely looked more beautiful. But the horses give it a different touch. Another trip to Pinkys and may be you'll find a peacock-y version ;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi patty....I like ur blog and even bookmarked it too!!!!i loved ur home esp the living room,but i am sad i didnt get to see the rest of ur house.....

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you.... Thank you for leaving me a note!