Wednesday 5 September 2012

Makeover Stories ~ Disha

Joining us with a 'wall' makeover today is Disha.... 

Introducing Disha ~

I am artist at heart and designer in making, design enthusiast who find solace in art, that's what describes me best. 

Masters in Computer Science, married to a wonderful person who is always there for me and  a willingly stay at home mother to my four yrs old sweet heart. Whatever I am today or will be in future I owe to my very talented and versatile Mother. My parents & siblings are my source of inspiration. 

I can't stand sitting idle and doing nothing. So whenever I'm free... that means I'm doing something creative. Check out my work at my blog Design, Decor & Disha and in case you liked my work like my Facebook page.




Now a little about the wall :


As I moved to my new apartment the first thing I did was clicking pictures of every nook and corner of raw flat . I was sure that some day when I'll fill colors in this house these pictures will tell me the story of transformation of a house into a home. 

I started this transformation project from entrance to my home. There is a wall exactly in front of main door so I wanted it to be a pleasing and inviting one. Some 3-4 ideas were on my mind I put those ideas on paper & zeroed in on this one. I wanted to give it a personal touch so I chose to do everything by my own from sanding, priming, painting, designing to decorating.The sunburst mirror that I created in a haste is a big hit. It turned out beyond my imagination. 





In a process of transforming that wall I learnt a lot and enjoyed doing all the things. Everyday after finishing all household chores and responsibilities I finished this project step-by-step. Time when I was doing this project was purely 'ME TIME' I totally enjoyed that time. Believe me friends when I was done I pat my back It was hard to believe that I have done all these. 








for more on this wall... Visit Disha's blog : Design, Decor & Disha .... and don't forget to follow her blog... its always inspiring... *smiles*...

Tell her what you think of her gorgeous wall.....

9 comments:

  1. Great makeover, Disha. Love the fact you sanded, primed, and painted the wall yourself. All signs of a professional were visible - the way you've covered the adjoining walls with a newspaper. Way to go..looking for more :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! I specially love the mirror art ! Looks fab.. -Diya

    ReplyDelete
  3. That clock looks so cool,,,:) and the art on the wall too,..

    ReplyDelete
  4. The wall make over is beautiful... Great job :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You really make it appear so easy along with your presentation however I to find this matter to be actually something which I feel I would by no means understand. It sort of feels too complex and very extensive for me. I am looking ahead on your next submit, I’ll try to get the hang of it!
    Famous Top 10 Engineering College In Punjab

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Patricia for featuring my wall makeover on your lovely blog.
    @Laksh: Thanks!! I really love doing everything by my own. Stay tuned I'm on home transformation mission :-)
    @Diya: Thanks!! Mirror is so close to my heart now.
    @notyet100: Thanks!!I thinj that's Mirror you are talking about,
    @Preethi Vaidya: Thanks a lot :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing work indeed by Disha, loved it when I saw it on her space. This is real professional work and so creative.

    ReplyDelete
  8. awsome work by disha.luv your blog .after seeing same kind of post only ,had a thought to link it.your blog always inspired me in interiors.way to go dear...best wishes
    varnam-addcolourtolife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Car Key Master Handset with Unlimited Tokens is both PC and handset models for your choice .Multi-functions ----Integrate functions such as key information reading, data calculating, key writing, and is applicable to both old and new.feng

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you.... Thank you for leaving me a note!